[OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?

Subject: [OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:47:24 +0930
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 12:51:22PM -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Often it is rude and mean spirited, a way to establish
> a pecking order, to "one up" someone you have contempt for, or
> someone who has too much power to confront directly.

...you recognise the Australian contempt for someone who is, umm....
'too popular'...  It's called the "tall poppy" syndrome... This is
somewhat less apparent in the young ones, they can be sucked in by the
latest footy player, yet still have no idea about who Howard Florey
is...

...did we ever tell you about the drop bears? :)

davidt