[OM] Re: BLM Battery Covers

Subject: [OM] Re: BLM Battery Covers
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:30:33 +0100
I had a few moments of panic with my 35*D a couple of weeks ago - I
pressed the shutter release and nothing happened. I thought the power
switch was a 'proper' switch, but when I turned the camera off nothing
happened - the rear status LCD stayed on and information was still
displayed in the viewfinder.

I must admit to a few moments of panic - but eventually felt I had no
alternative but to remove the battery. When I replaced the battery,
everything was back to normal and it hasn't done this since. I read some
reports a while back about the 70-200 f2.8 IS causing cameras to lock up
but had dismissed them.

Mike.