[OM] Re: SJ County Fair

Subject: [OM] Re: SJ County Fair
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:33:59 -0700
Mike wrote:
> My entry did pretty well this year.
Pretty well? It that some of that there ironery?

Blue is still First Place, no? I don't know what Best of Class is, but
is sounds pretty darn good too!

So big congrats!

Nice to see the winning print in context, too. Even in the small,
picture of picture form, it looks very strong.
> Photo taken on our trip to the South Central Oregon desert last May.
Where? Looks like we were a month and not many miles apart, but the
climate is very different East of the Cascades, but West of desert. We
drove East from Eugene down past Crater Lake, stayed in Prospect a
couple of days, then East and South through Klamath Falls. All
reasonably well watered country, full of streams and waterfalls. Driest
looking was in the grazing land No. of KF, but even that turned marshy
before the lake.

You can tell it was fairly wet by the subject of this and the next
shot.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=_MG_2043cr1laz.jpg>

And I guess there wasn't much photogenic between there and a ways into
Calif, as my next shot was the next one in the gallery.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=_MG_2046cmb.jpg>

Not true, of course, I think there were many photo ops, but we were a
little short of time and nothing short of an Osprey right by the road or
a big volcano could catch me. Just as well. We got the last reasonable
price room (actually a big one at the smaller price - it's good when you
are in the groove) in our first choice place to stay in Mt.Shasta.
> OM4t  + 24/2.8 + pol. Reala scanned at Costco. Curves and LCE,  printed on
> Epson 2000p on archival matte. I was surprised at how well the costco scan
> (3000x2000jpeg) printed at ~9x14 and so didn't even bother to rescan with the
> FS4000.
Good, guess I may have to try them on the next roll, only a few shots
left to go on the one in the OM-1. Trouble is... then it's so easy to go
in and browse. ;-)
> Besides I was running out of time....  I printed an entry for my daughter and
> son-in-law as well and they each
> got a ribbon too.
Hey, you must be a great mentor, as well as a pretty good printer.

Moose