[OM] Re: SJ County Fair

Subject: [OM] Re: SJ County Fair
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:20:56 -0700
Thanks for the kind words.

>Where? Looks like we were a month and not many miles apart, but the
>climate is very different East of the Cascades, but West of desert. We
>drove East from Eugene down past Crater Lake, stayed in Prospect a
>couple of days, then East and South through Klamath Falls. All
>reasonably well watered country, full of streams and waterfalls. Driest
>looking was in the grazing land No. of KF, but even that turned marshy
>before the lake.

The location is Hart Mountain at about 8000' in the wildlife refuge. It
is just north of the CA/NV state line. NE of Lakeview and Alturas. This
is definitely high desert country.
I think I posted a couple pictures when we returned in May. Here are a
few photos from the trip:
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Albums/Hart%20Mtn%20NWR/>

Mike