[OM] Re: Teasel & Scabia

Subject: [OM] Re: Teasel & Scabia
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:35:19 +0100
From: <usher99@xxxxxxx>

Subject: [OM] Teasel & Scabia

> You have said that you prefer to hand hold
> most shots.  Wonder what speeds these were shot at?
> I suppose the shorter fl macro lenses are easier to hand hold.
>
> Mike
>
> Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 50mm f2 macro : Agfa Vista 200
>
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07259.htm
>
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07260.htm

Hi Mike,

It's not so much that I prefer to hand hold, more that I can't carry any more
gear but you are absolutely right about my reasons
for using the shorter focal length macro. I don't keep notes on exposure but
after taking account of how difficult it is to hold
the camera steady on macro shots, the amount of movement due to wind, natures'
not mine :-)and the 'depth' of the subject I come
up with a compromise. It seems that there is never enough depth of field or
speed of shutter to go round so it is a bit hit and
miss. My failure rate is much higher on macro shots. I try never to shoot
slower than 60th second with the 50mm macro and even
then I lose shots.

Pressed flowers may be the answer :-)

Thanks for looking.

--Graham