[OM] Re: SJ County Fair - how to fix #7

Subject: [OM] Re: SJ County Fair - how to fix #7
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:47:00 -0400
Thanks for the panos which I always enjoy.  I noticed that #7 hadn't
been cropped even across the top.  At least, until very recently, that's
what I would have done.  However, I learned a great PhotoShop trick a
week or two ago.  It was presented as how to "stretch the background" if
you've got a portrait photo where a plain studio background drape
doesn't quite fill the frame.  But it works to fix the ragged sky on
your #7 as well by stretching the existing sky to fit.

Just use the marquee tool and draw a long, narrow rectangle directly
under the black area.  Right click and select "transform".  Then drag
the top edge of the rectangle to the top of the frame and press enter on
the keyboard.  Done.  That's it.  Automagically fills it in.

I also noticed some vertical seams where your stitcher hasn't matched
the color well.  Were you using manual exposure to make sure all images
were the same?

Chuck Norcutt