[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: Revolutionary Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III redefi

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: Revolutionary Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III redefines professional photography
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:41:00 -0700
On 8/20/07, Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Pray for what?  Hardly anyone needs that kind of resolution, and I
> > wouldn't
> > be surprised if it really brings out the shortcoming of some Canon lenses.
> >
> > Steve Troy
> >
> Dead on as usual. I'm still not in the dslr using camp, because I haven't
> found one that I really like. The D5 looks good, but with Canon's problem
> with WA lenses, it's out for a WA guy like me.
>
> Bill Pearce

The second version of C*non's 16-35 appears to be very well regarded.
I don't think the full frame cameras are at a disadvantage at the wide
end. Hopefully the November release of the 1DsIII won't cause the new
Oly to receive only minor mention in the press.

The dpreview comparison table 1DsIII vs. 1DsII listed a lighter weight
for thenew camera with battery (lighter battery) and high res focusing
for aperature of f2.8 vs f4. I can hardly wait for Canon to come out
with new f2 zooms weighing a mere 5kg each ....  Unfortunately Oly
might decide theirs will be more professional if they add another kg.
-jeff