[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: Revolutionary Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III redef

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: Revolutionary Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III redefines professional photography
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:08:08 -0700
Bill Pearce wrote:

> Dead on as usual. I'm still not in the dslr using camp, because I haven't
> found one that I really like. The D5 looks good, but with Canon's problem
> with WA lenses, it's out for a WA guy like me.

Plenty of great WA lenses for the 5D. The OM Zuiko 18, 21, 24 and 28s
are excellent in MF. C's new version 16-35/2.8 is getting raves and I'm
very happy with the Tamron 17-35. Smaller, lighter, loses one mm at the
wide end and one stop at the long end for 1/5 the price of the C.

Not trying to sell any cameras here, just to point out that the lenses
are actually out there. And if you have a spare couple of grand, there's
a new 14 mm prime coming.

Moose