[OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control a

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:24:38 -0400
You are probably correct here but I would also guess that the importance
of high flash sync speed can be minimized with the incredible control
the fashion photogs have over the light.  It just takes a sunny beach
with 20 assistants putting up diffuser tents, awnings and reflectors of
various and sundry types.  But higher flash sync speed is always better
than lower flash sync speed and if money is no object...

Eventually, we may see DSLR's with electronic shutter control like the
Mynolta A1 which uses both mechanical and electronic shutters.  I don't
know how they work together but the Mynolta basically has unlimited
flash sync speed.  I've never tested it beyond 1/1000 but it certainly
works up to that speed.  I have heard that the Nykons have some form of
electronic shutter in addition to the mechanical but I don't know what
that's all about.  They were claiming 1/500 on some model when min ISO
was 200 but went back down to 1/250 when they got the min ISO to 100.

Chuck Norcutt