[OM] Re: E-510 IS effectiveness

Subject: [OM] Re: E-510 IS effectiveness
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 03:13:00 -0700
Bill Pearce wrote:
> Wouldn't his results be exactly what we would expect? After all, you already
> have an "advantage" with a 50 that you don't with a 500.

The direction, yes, the amount, not necessarily. The Oly system is new,
and historically, some IS systems have worked better than others.

So sure, there is going to likely be less advantage at shorter focal
lengths than long ones, but the questions of how much advantage over no
IS and how big a difference at different FLs is still largely unknown,
although a little less so now.

Moose