[OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed

Subject: [OM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Fwd: Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:40:00 +0200
2007/8/22, Marc Lawrence:

> Perhaps naively, ignorantly, and certainly without any real
> understanding or searching for definition, some architecture for me has
> always felt like the supreme expression of "art" (even if the results
> aren't always so supreme) - it's an "art" that is not only, by
> necessity, an expression of some emotional or philosophical aspects or
> need of humanity, but most importantly (for me, in its best expression)
> is that first priority that often pervades everything else its "art" may
> represent, is that the "art" has to be occupied. I never wanted to be an
> architect, but I marvel at some of its results.

Nice definition to me. I always tell our students that it is not about
the buildings we build, but the people which will use them. I am
rather "user centered".

> > ps: the japan series are around here:
> >
> > http://zuiko.fotopic.net/p11508729.html
> >
> > all on japanese paper with "Pentel super fine point permanent MF 50
>  > Japan"
>
> It's all too black and "permanent" for me. Give me a lighter, softer
> pencil, that only brushes the sheet soft enough to hint at a mark but
> light enough for all my errors to be erased, and I might be happy to
> try. :-) (just my odd way of saying "I wish I had your skill").

Thank you, Marc, first thing to do: throw away that eraser! (they
aren't allowed in the classroom). The mere thought of being able to
erase is no good. It is just like "tipp-ex".
The moment I got rid of these bottles I started to learn to write
without making mistakes.
I can tell you with confidence that there are mistakes in these
drawings, I just know some tricks to "trick the eye". If you don't
like the picture, you take another one don't you? same goes for
sketching...

> Cheers,
> Marc (who likes to write in green pen, but doesn't know why)
As I am doing research about design processes right now, I can tell
you: be happy you don't know why. Just enjoy the green colour. I have
the very strong feeling for the moment that not EVERYTHING has to be
explainable, please leave some of the "romantic"

iwert (a hopelessly romantic)