[OM] Re: Another Zuiko on FM - Zuiko 35mm F2.8 shift

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Zuiko on FM - Zuiko 35mm F2.8 shift
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:30:37 +0200
Just to chime in:

I have both 35shift and 24shift. Of the later series the 35 shift is
almost on par with the 24 shift. Certainly considering colour
rendition.

The older 35 shift had less contrast and suffered more from reflections.

>From about serial 110.000 on the coating on the 35 shift was changed
to the (same?) type as the 24 shift, it at least shows the same
colours in the coating, what the previous version didn't. The results
from both lenses are now very much alike, however, at extreme shift
the 24 is better in the corners than the 35 (but the 35 has more
shift...)

My 35 shift is a very sharp lens, which I like a lot for travel
photography (much of my maroc pictures were made with this lens,
perfect for avoiding crowds).

http://zuiko.fotopic.net/c306376_13.html here frm 3-04 till 4-16 all
images were with the 35 shift and kodak 400 vc and an epson flatbed
scanner...

I'ld really like to test these lenses once on a 5D or so.

Just my experience,

Iwert.