[OM] I created a monster...

Subject: [OM] I created a monster...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:50:44 -0500
This sure grew hair. When I posted about my proposed comeback to the artist
asking about my camera, I certainly didn't mean that an artist doesn't
obsess over his paint and brushes. What I meant is that NO ONE, artist,
photographer or ordinary viewer would think that a fine painting was so
because of the paint or brush used. I'm sure that Thomas Kinkaide uses the
highest quality supplies, but I can't think of anyone that would think of
his work as inspired.

What I find as at the very least misguided is the thought that the camera
makes the picture without any creative input from the user. When it gets bad
is when a painter, who should know better, thinks that.

Bill Pearce