[OM] Re: Electronic shutters, was : Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Del

Subject: [OM] Re: Electronic shutters, was : Media Release: New Canon EOS 40D Delivers Speed, Control an...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:17:35 -0700
The D70 was Nikon's brief experiment with the merging of mechanical
and electronic shutter. 1/500 synch speed. It was not carried on to
its successor the D80. It is said that Nikon did not like the
electronic shutter artifacts in certain images. Blooming is usually
the problem.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA