[OM] Re: OT - Nikon "Full Frame" (plus Nikon D300)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Nikon "Full Frame" (plus Nikon D300)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:43:30 -0700
Nikon has used a separate image sensor chip for the matrix metering
system since the F5. It is probably much easier to use that for dual
purpose than saddling the actual image sensor with more duties than
getting a good image. I think Canon does the same. So full time live
view is likely to become common.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA