[OM] Re: out walking the dog...

Subject: [OM] Re: out walking the dog...
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:50:15 -0400
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I seem to recall that maybe the Pentax K10D and or Nikon whatever has
> provision for manually entering the focal length for lenses without
> electrical contacts to ID them.
Yes, the K10D does that. Makes no sense not to offer that.

> Shutter priority wouldn't work with a MF lens on an E-510 - the camera has no
> way to control the aperture.

Yes, the K10D works with Shutter Priority (Tv), ISO Priority (Sv),
Shutter/Aperture Priority (TAv - different than the included auto ISO
feature), Aperture Priority (Av), HyperProgram with Shutter Bias, DOF
Bias, or Lens MTF Bias (lens optimum aperture), with Manual Focus
lenses. Makes no sense not to offer that.