[OM] Re: Nikon releases D3, D300

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon releases D3, D300
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:54:14 +1000
That's tricky. Good irony can be enormously entertaining but when
done badly it can degenerate into mere sarcasm or a tool of humiliation.
By good, I mean of the quality of Swift and Thurber and the like.
(One Irish and the other murkin, of course).
I suppose I was referring to the  discourse between friends or like
minded people of goodwill rather than asking for a burger in a fast
'food' outlet (clearly, the whole idea of food is ironic in that
context but most people don't get it - the irony that is).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx