[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:26:42 EDT
My experience with the local eBay imitators is that it is a bit strange  when
you are use to dealing with eBay. IMHO, much less professional. Generally,
poor descriptions, poor pictures and poor communications, when compared to
eBay.  The Bay is, in my opinion, more like shopping from a retail store  and
the
imitators are more like shopping at a flea market.  I've picked up  some
great deals both places, however navigating through the process is a little
more
troublesome on Craigslist.  There are not the implied safeguards with  CL that
you have with eBay.  That being said, I was thrilled to pick up an  Eseco
revolving darkroom door in great condition for $75 and a film drying  cabinet
from another seller for $30.  The two California Stainless darkroom  sinks with
plumbing fixtures in near mint condition at $250 each were also good  deals.
Craigslist is harder to search and really is designed for local  transactions,
although I have had an item or two shipped.  I don't like not  being able to
check feedback and have some idea of from whom I'm buying.   Perhaps it is the
"flea market mentality" that you are finding  troublesome.  I do.  Now I just
wish that lady that I offered to buy  that enlarger from would just call me
back.  I did after all, offer her  asking price and I know she still has the
stuff.
Bill Barber