[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:30:35 -0700
Iwert,

Sounds like a lead in to a scam. You think you have problems - try
putting up a website selling goods online, you get a ton of inquiries
such as this:

I would like to purchase 10 unit XYZ (which we do not cary and don't
reference anytwhere on the site) but before we proceeed I must know do
you accept Visa I am sure you do as you have US process available. I
must also assure can you ship to Singapore, Malaysia, Outer Mongolia?
(or some other place well known for e-mail scams) Please answert
promptly as I must secure these item immediately.

It may not be a cultural thing, a lot of crooks just are not very polite!

Of course, some people are just plain rude. I have also gotten many of
the following:

 "How come you carry X instead of Y. X is just plain crap, you should
carry Y.

"You are a ripoff, your prices are way to high."

" I wanted t buy item Z, (closeout item) but you are sold out. I
e-mailed you (threee weeks ago) that I was going to buy it, how come it
has been sold.) (My reply to the e-mail three weeks prior was that there
was only one left and that it was available first come first serve, did
he want the item.

I know that item Q is available in silver, but nobody will sell it to
me, I suppose you won't either cause all of you guys are a**holes. (Item
is not, and never has been available in silver.)

How come you won't sell me this part for my bike? It is part #1988-0102.
(Part is a small part from a bottom end shift lever from twenty years
ago, if it was ever available at all.)

That is not to mention all of the spam for stuff I should buy from some
nameless overseas manufacture/supplier/distributor for sale in my store,
all the numerous requests for complicated price quotes and exotic
technical data for an item most folks won't wind up buying from me anyway.

Ah the joys of (web) retail.

:)
Jim Couch