[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:37:56 +1000
My favorite was a gentleman who seem to object to me listing on
ebay.US in USD. He seemed to think it unpatriotic, unAustralian.
Patiently explained to him that I'd been there before ebay.au existed
and that if I listed locally, murkins didn't see my listing with a
simple search. He got more strident. By my third polite response
(because he did indicate interest in the item) he was into a rant
about how he fought for people like me in the war and was going to
report me to ebay for rudeness. Obviously dementia was setting in.
I shall always treasure my pleasure in writing my final response. :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx