[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:39:28 +0200
Hi all,

I think Bill Barber described the differences between sites like ebay
and more local oriented sites quite well. In my experience I trust the
outcome of an ebay transaction quite abit more than the local ones, even
if I buy and sell all over the world. People seem more profesional about
buying and selling on ebay. I have had bogus bids (extremely low and
extremely high) on local sites like marktplaats.nl and haven't
experienced these on ebay (I allways have a starting price at what I
want to get at least, because on ebay.nl there is no reserve option
anymore) But then I must admit I have used the unprofesionality of some
sellers to my advantage too though. I try to buy complete sets of OM
equipment and sell as single items after cleaning up and small repairs.
Sometimes I am surprised at what people accept as an offer when they ask
much more originally. After all, this buying and selling has become my
main source of income for my digital zuikoholism (not for bread and
butter though, thank God). To me making low-ball offers has become
second nature, unless I really want something, then I am prepared to pay
top Euro. But then I allways try to talk about price. To me it is
allways about coming to an understanding about price and conditions (or
not) before the deal is made (or declined). I also remeber that Iwert
(the original poster of this mail) had something to sell which I wanted,
but not needed. The price I was prepared to pay was lower than the price
he had set his mind on. No deal was made at that time, but I believe
that for a new transaction neither of us would exclude the other to do
business with.

I allways try to be polite and as co mplete as possible in any
mail-exchange I have, be it on ebay or any other buy and sell site. I
had not though about mail exchanges being displayed in the auctions
until just now.

Just my two cents.