[OM] Re: Panorama Heads

Subject: [OM] Re: Panorama Heads
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:14 -0400
I should also have added; before running out to buy a pano head try
shooting some on a tripod but without a head.  You may find that you
really don't need a head.  I've probably shot less than 15 or 20 panos
but I don't have a head and haven't needed one.  Probably half of them
are shot hand held and are also successful.  But shooting hand held I
still try and make my body mimic the rotation on a tripod head.  All of
my panos are landscape type with the subject probably at least 2500
times the focal length of the camera away from me.  There's a value
somewhere in the void and I don't know what it is that says if the
subject is X times the focal length away you don't need to worry about
parallax error.

Chuck Norcutt