[OM] Re: voting [was: little rant on e-mail politeness]

Subject: [OM] Re: voting [was: little rant on e-mail politeness]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:18:42 -0700
True. Nothing is perfect. There are no absolutes, but some things are
less imperfect than others, I think, and the preservation of a
democracy needs some work and vigilance. If enough people are aware
of ballot box stuffing, as you were, something can be done about it.
Usually, I would think, that sort of thing thrives in a closed
political patronage kind of system, that is, everyone allowed "in" on
the count is a member and he keeps his mouth shut. On a computer
based system, no one can observe anything. The result is what Diebold
says it is.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA