[OM] Re: Canyon Ee-s focusing screen and Zuiko 135/3.5, was: Source for

Subject: [OM] Re: Canyon Ee-s focusing screen and Zuiko 135/3.5, was: Source for
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:06:50 -0700
USHER99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> The bright screen is $$$ more and always worried that the downside might be
> trouble with fast Zuikos.  Below is
> a note from Rachel at Katz Eye.  I can't imagine she would  mind. They no
> longer have any technical hurtles that held them up before but they have not
> deemed it economical to sell anything for the 5D yet. Arrgh.

Do you have a 5D yet Mike? And troubles with MF? These issues are highly
personal, depending on individual vision, and who knows what else. I am
usually shooting with slower lenses, and really don't have a problem
with focus in most circumstances. I don't MF often, but when I am
uncertain where the AF is landing, I occasionally take charge. I do it
more with macro, but the macro lens is f2.8, so I guess that's fast in
one sense. But the effective speed goes down as one focuses closer,
which is what I use the lens for.

For tripod or copy stand macro, I did get a cheap right angle
viewfinder/magnifier, and it works ok for finer focus.

In 18 months of use to date, I've never felt the need for a different
focusing screen than the one it came with.

Moose