[OM] Re: Uh oh..dust!

Subject: [OM] Re: Uh oh..dust!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:18:07 -0700 (PDT)
Dr. Maid wrote:
> I bought a couple of cosmetic mask brushes on ebay...
> ...But a little soap and water and rinsing fixed that easily.

and:

> I also hear that the LensPen SensorKlear works very well.  I have
> one but haven't used it yet since I didn't need to after the last
> brush> cleaning.  That left 3 small spots that were only visible
> with the blue sky test at f/16 or smaller.

and:

> But yesterday showed up a little blob in the middle...

and:

> I also have used the Copperhill method using PecPads, Eclipse and a
> cut down spatula.  It works but is too fiddly to bother with unless
> you've  got a problem that nothing else will touch.  Be cautions...

I'm so glad that dust on the sensor is a non-issue for Canon/Nikon
users.  :)  The ONE and ONLY time I've ever cleaned a sensor I just
cut a small piece of Swiffer and wrapped it around a Q-tip.  Worked
like a charm.  Took me two years and 20,000 pictures to finally do it
too, and that's only because the spots were showing up on my pinhole
pictures.

Haven't cleaned it since and I'm constantly changing lenses and using
ancient unsealed Zuikos.  Oh, and horrors of all horrors, I don't
point my camera towards the ground when changing lenses either!

I recon that Olympus, with the dust-buster is the perfect choice for
a slob like me.

AG

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC