[OM] Re: E-pro thingy

Subject: [OM] Re: E-pro thingy
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:03:33 -0300
2007/8/27, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> But the Pentax K10D does give you DNG output.  But, with batteries,
> about 50% heavier than an OM-1.  Amazing lens compatibility though.

Yes, it does — besides the weight and all that, DNG is only part of
it; I value openness not only in software, thus 4/3.  My ideal body
would be the Leica Digilux 3; until I can afford it or its successor,
I rest content with the E-510.

> But you could also take the Moose approach.  You could use a 30D or 40D
> which is perhaps 75% heavier than an OM-1 but crank up the ISO to as
> high as 3200 such that you can use slow, light weight lenses.

Perhaps.  But I really do like what I have, and I like the idea of
open standards, and I like their concept and idea of future.

I just do hope we will have high ISO sooner than later, hopefully as
soon as the E-1 successor.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra