[OM] Re: SLIDE DUPLICATING - 5000ºK LIGHTBOXES with OLYMPUS E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: SLIDE DUPLICATING - 5000ºK LIGHTBOXES with OLYMPUS E-1
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:55:57 -0700
>> David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> The lightbox with the best uniform light is the small slimlite
>> #2420-2422.
>> The tubes inside are about 5000K, but i have no measured values about
>> their color spectrum if they have peaks in it. The prolite basic boxes

> This is a very key piece of information, the reason why most stuff looks
> "different" under fluorescent than daylight, tungsten, electronic flash.  If
> the colour spectrum of the light has peaks (or troughs) then you are wasting
> your time using it for any calibration exercise.
>
> ...Wayne
>
> Wayne Harridge
>
> http://lrh.structuregraphs.com

According to my Minolta color meter (which could probably use a calibration) my
Gagne Porta-Trace puts out 5000K to 5250K depending on where you measure it
from.  But as Wayne points out there is a green factor to be accounted for.

This particular flourescent source would need a 10M filter.

Of course this is from a guy who is color deficent in Red/Green and can use all
the artifical help he can get.

Jay - Who's non-calibrated meter is probably more accurate than the owner's rods
and cones.