[OM] Re: Printing what you see on the screen - my trials and tribulation

Subject: [OM] Re: Printing what you see on the screen - my trials and tribulations of calibration
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:32:07 -0400
After a long night trawling the internet, I'll answer my own post.

1) With Colorvision loading my monitor profile, I need to disable Adobe
Gamma Loader, which does a similar thing.

2) I do colour manipulation within PE and not through the printer
driver.  I managed to find explanations for the arcanely named C*non
paper/ink profiles, so I can now load the correct one in the PE print
dialogue box.

3) The printer driver has been neutered, so it's not competing with PE
or the profile.

Results now are pretty good, both on a test image and a couple of OM
photos (portra 400NC).

Martin