[OM] [OT] Was Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] [OT] Was Re: iStock
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:40:01 -0600
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> 2007/8/28, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I do 3D computer modeling as a hobby/sideline.  I and thousands like me
>> have created low-cost, high-quality 3D models that have been purchased
>> or downloaded by hundreds of thousands of individuals and companies
>> worldwide.
>
> And what's this iStock3DModel's URL?

There's three or four that are really huge aggregators, plus dozens of
smaller fry.  My favourites are:

- www.DAZ3D.com (Digital Art Zone)
- www.Renderosity.com (Renderosity)
- www.PoserPros.com (dedicated to .OBJ models used in programs like
     Poser and Alias/Wavefront)
- www.ContentParadise.com
- www.3DCommune.com
- www.RuntimeDNA.com

There's lots more, but those'll get you started.  And for the
photographers amongst us [ ;-) ], you can get involved as well without
knowing or caring anything about 3D modeling -- these communities are
always looking for high-quality photographic textures.  Makes renders
much more realistic.

Garth