[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 06:15:55 +0200
You don't know me and you don't know s**t about whether I am lazy or not
or indeed what I do for a living. Hang out a bit on the  Alamy mailing
list and you will discover many contributors with similar frustrations.
And BTW--there are also lots of posts from people complaining about the
lower and lower prices. Alamy is having to adjust its pricing to market
conditions too, and yes, part of their competition are microstock sites,
especially for uses on the web.

I am amused about talk about "realistic" prices. It seems that
"realistic" is defined by some photographers as a price from the good
old days. Except that the market has changed. A realistic price is the
prevalent price in the market, nothing else. If you don't like that
price, find another line of work.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman