[OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:33:29 -0400
Hmmm.  I hadn't considered the 4/3 format problem with commercial
printers.  And the P&S cameras have the same problem since they're
almost all 3:4 ratio as well. Interestingly enough, when I mentioned
this to my son and daughter about their P&S pictures they were totally
unaware that their photos were being cropped.  They obviously don't pay
much attention to framing.

I see that the E-410 (and presumably all the follow-ons) offer a 2:3
ratio but I don't know if that helps much if you can't see the framing
in the viewfinder.  Maybe John H can offer a new screen scribing service
to go along with his rule of thirds scribes on OM screens.  Even it you
didn't take the image in 2:3, if you framed it properly you could run an
automated cropping tool to control the final print.

Chuck Norcutt