[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:56:35 -0600
LOL!

There is more racism against Mexicans here than I ever saw in the midwest.
And ALL of it comes from the Hispanics. I have not met a single
American-born Hispanic in Santa Fe who does not hate Mexicans with a passion
that would make the KKK proud. I have had New Mexican Hispanics tell me that
Mexicans are all Cucharachas (cockroaches...a common racial slur for
mexicans used by Hispanics and always in Spanish). All Mexican women are
Putas (whores). All Mexican men sell drugs. Mexicans are so stupid, they
don't even speak Spanish the right way. Mexicans all have wet ankles (from
walking across the Rio Grande). The Hipsanics here laugh at Mexicans running
from immigration. One guy I know has a cell phone ringtone that has a
Mexican yelling "Migra! Migra! Run for the tunnels Hombre, they're coming
for us!" Migra means Immigration. This hispanic guy and an Indian he's
friends with were laughing their asses off while they played this ringtone.

If you read the Santa Fe New Mexican, our local paper, there are always lots
of letters to the editor about immigration. The letters that say: "shoot
them at the border..build a moat filled with crockodiles, deport ALL
Mexicans, End all immigration even the legal kind" are all written by people
named Garcia, Sandoval, Baca, De Silva, Lopez, etc. Letters that express
sympathy for impoverished Mexicans are always signed by Anglos!

I was shocked by the racism against Mexicans here. I'd seen some of it in
Indiana, but there it was Anglos and blacks who hated Mexicans, not
Hispanics. Here its 100% Hispanics who hate Mexicans. I have a friend here,
a Mexican woman, and my girlfriend (who is Hispanic) hates her. She keeps
threatening to call Immigration on this girl! When she talks about it she
yells: "Migra! Migra! Better run you dirty puta!" One Hispanic woman I know
here once went into a store full of Mexicans and yelled Migra! Migra! Just
to watch the Mexicans run in fear, and she laughs out loud every time she
tells the story.

Crazy huh? And Mexicans are the only people they're racist against here.
I've never met anyone here who hates black people, asians, jews, or anyone
else. Just Mexicans.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design