[OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:27:40 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garth Wood" <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Nice shot.  I assume, from the angle of the rainbow, that the sun was
> almost directly behind you.

Yes it was just a bit before sunset, and the storm had passed. The sun was
directly behind me. I was really surprised though how long it lasted. I
almost got tired of taking pictures of it, whereas normally you'd be lucky
to get one or two photos.

> The perspective distortion doesn't bug me, but those blasted
> power/cable/telephone poles/wires!  Man, those things have ruined more
> pictures of mine over the years than I care to admit.  One of my
> commercial photography buddies created a calendar a few years ago of
> many of the more unusual Ukrainian Orthodox churches in Alberta, and
> spent far too much time in Photoshop getting rid of these things.
> Calendar sold reasonably well, but still...

Funny about the perspective, no one I've shown it to here even notices it
until I point it out. Even then they kind of look at me strange for
mentioning it. The wires and poles are aggravating, but no seems bothered by
them either, except me. I knew they were going to look bad when I took the
pictures, but there was no way to work around them.

wayne