[OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital workflow, was: Some OM-photos!
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:23:58 -0600
Garth Wood wrote:
> Y'know, if enough people wanted an enlargement, it might almost be worth
> it to purchase a lower-end printer to pump these babies out.  Hmmmm...

  Actually, even lower-end printers are surprisingly good these days. I
had a Canon i960 (until the head bunged up and wouldn't un-clog no
matter what I tried); replaced it with a Pixma i4300, $89.95 at Future
Shop, and it makes 8.5x11s that are, to the naked eye, indistinguishable
from ones printed on 'real' printers. Put in some high-end paper, and
it'll do wonders.

  (under a loupe, you can see the difference, sure, but that's getting
pickier than I care to be).

  -- dan