[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:10:54 -0400
My all-time favorite blunder by a TV personality was performed by
Katie Couric, now anchor of CBS (one of Big Three American TV
networks), back in her Today (NBC morning infotainment show) days.
She and co-host Bryant Gumble had a guest who had published a book in
which the magic of special effects was used to transform well-known
people from black to white and white to black. They showed images of
Couric as a black woman, and Gumble as a white man. Then, thumbing
through the coffee-table sized book, Couric came upon a picture of
Queen Elizabeth II. "Oh! Look!" She gasped, "There's the queen as an
African-American!"

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com