[OM] Re: Eco disaster

Subject: [OM] Re: Eco disaster
From: Graeme Pow <graeme.pow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:55:10 +0100
On 30 August 2007 at 17:57:30 +0100 geebee wrote:

 > 60% of all fish caught is processed into fishmeal to feed them making
 > them the biggest ocean predator. Just one of them gives off
 > enough harmful methane gas in a single day to fill around 400 litre
 > bottles. That's 18% of the total greenhouse gases per annum.
 > More greenhouse gas emissions than all the transport on earth –
 > planes, trains and cars.
 >
 > Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 50mm f2 macro : Agfa Vista 200
 > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07278.htm

Love the composition, and the way the cows' attention is firmly focussed
on you, the viewer; not just their eyes but their ears as well!

They may produce vast amounts of methane but I'd hate to see them go.
Couldn't they wear ... oh, I don't know ... hermetically sealed nappies
or something to capture all those emissions so that it could be later
bottled and put to good use, such as heating homes?

Graeme