[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:34:04 -0700
John,

Good points. While I have had good luck with KEH they, like most used
sellers, appear to do ratings based mostly on cosmetics. I always find
it a bit odd that a used camera can be rated "Mint -  meter does not
work." If the meter does not work, it certainly is not mint in my book!
I always plan on a CLA for every used body I buy. I certainly would
rather spend $100 - $150 having a current body gone through than on
another body that may or may not be good. With a CLA I know I am getting
a body that will be in good shape and be reliable, with a used one I
have no real idea as to it's reliability. I guess some people just would
prefer to get a physical item for their money. Personally I got tired of
having camera bodies around that I never used because something was
wrong with them (usually minor.) A CLA is a very good investment in my book.

Jim Couch