[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:06:03 -0700
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> Oi vei… I wished to present my wife an OM-3Ti to make for her failing
> OM-10, but at this rate I guess I would be better off with an used
> Leica R9.

Is your wife using a manual adapter on the OM-10 - and actually using it
in manual?

If not, an OM-1(n) or 3Ti might be more for you than her. If she uses it
in auto, an OM-4(T(i)) might be better for her.

The OM-20(OM-G) is what the OM-10 should have been and the OM-40(OMPC)
is an excellent auto camera. It trades the spot meter of the OM- 3 & 4
series for a very good matrix metering system better suited to the
non-techie. Cheaper, but not as well made as the OM-4 series.

FWIW, there are a fair number of OM-4 bodies with the Ti circuit in them
from repairs, often a newer circuit than the one in older vintage
OM-4T(i) bodies. They are cheaper and electronically at least as
reliable as a T(i). Info here.
<http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/OM-4_circuits.html>

I'm a bit like Bill, with more bodies than sense, and have more than one
such OM-4 with Ti circuit.

Moose