[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:21:26 -0300
2007/8/31, Johann Thorsson <johann@xxxxxxxx>:

> …I  have no problems seeing Ðð and Þþ (and they
> seem to be used for the th sounds

With a difference, eth is for hard and thorn for voiced — eth in 'the'
and thorn in 'with', for example.

> and ſ for s)

It *is* an s.

> there are some other
> characters which don't display at all and make the text totally
> incomprehensible.  Whatever character set this belongs to, it is certainly
> nothing standard.

It is standard UTF-8.  You probably refer to wynn, the proper English
w instead of the double v ligature currently in usage, and the ſs
ligature currently used as eszett in German.

Probably some mail server garbled them, or your mail client doesn't
implement the standard — I see you use MS Outlook Express, check?  MS
isn't known for standards compliance, rather for 'standards' setting,
oi vei…

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra