[OM] Re: Another 4/3 cam and lenses.

Subject: [OM] Re: Another 4/3 cam and lenses.
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:06:12 +1000
AG Schnozz wrote:
> This is EXACTLY my issue with the modern digital readouts in our
> cameras. They show the exact F-stop and Shutter-speed, but the
> relationship to light is lost.  The digital-analog displays in the
> OM-2S, OM-3(Ti) and OM-4(Ti) are the best as they can be "read"
> without looking at them.

I can definitely see your point, even if I don't personally experience
it as an issue.

The reason I am writing this, however, is that I know Peter would
certainly be nodding his head vigorously. Every time I show him one of
my new cameras, he responds with "All I want is a bloody match needle
like my old Praktica". I think your "digital-analog" might have some
support from that quarter. He really likes my OM1, but it's still, for
some reason, "not like the Praktica" he once had (perhaps because it
doesn't lock-up or have the meter randomly become inoperative for no
apparent reason).

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz