[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:45:31 -0300
2007/8/31, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>:
> An OM-10 isn't worth much cost/effort

That I not only heard but experienced first hand.

> In your shoes, I would buy 2-3 OM-1 &/or OM-1n bodies

One at a time… lots to spend on besides a film camera, including a child!

> easy to do on
> this list (I and others have extras we would sell.), have them sent
> directly to John for CLAs, then sent to you.

Great… let me get someone nailed down to bring them down here, and I
will get back to you.

> If it would help, you could
> make sure they were great inside, but not so cosmetically great for
> customs. And they need not know about the CLAs - just well used old
> cameras, bought cheap.

Dunno… they are quite fussy.  Anything above US$50 gets taxed, and
customs can just decide it is worth far more, and tax on that.  I
wouldn't be surprised they saw OM-1, googled serially OM-2, OM-3,
OM-4, got those OM-3 prices and slapped it on her.  One can question
their decisions, but it is kafkaesque.

Perhaps it would just pass, coming from an individual (not from a
company), but there are plenty of customs horror stories around.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra