[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:37:47 +1000
I rather suspected that they would be, just as the torrent of
complaints about the M8's red performance were ludicrously overblown.

However, I just bought one of those Giottos Aegis glass screen
protectors - specifically advertised as 'for M8'. When it arrived I
discovered that it was too small - it was the same size as the body
of the screen but clipped 1mm off the sides and bottom and 1.5mm off
the top of the actual display - including half the info strip across
the top (the M8 displays shutter speed, aperture and ISO above each
shot in review and playback).
I discovered this without fitting it thank goodness - from the
supplied acetate mask and by holding the unpeeled screen over the LCD.
I got the standard response from a detailed and polite query to Mel's
Camera, Las Vegas - I can return it and get my $22 back but I lose
the $19 shipping and the return postage!  Plus 'we sold hundreds and
never had a complaint'. The implication being that I'm a picky and
annoying buyer (stop laughing at the back there!). I contacted about
six of the previous buyers for their experience - four responses -
the murkins hadn't noticed and both the German and the Australian had
noticed but weren't too concerned.

Any ideas? I mean, THIS DOES NOT FIT! If I post negative, they'll
retaliate of course. Their arrogance is a bit bloody much - Leica
owners are notoriously picky. I thought I was giving them an
important warning at least and more or less got told to eff off and
die. Are I being unreasonable?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx