[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 09:51:35 +1000
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> Anyway, enough whinning.  The E‐510 and an OM‐1 should be enough for
> our needs.  Perhaps a 790SW or a D-Lux 3 to round it up will do it,
> without breaking the bank.

I can't imagine you being at all unhappy with an E510, even though I
don't have one nor have looked at them much. However, I can say from
experience that the OM1 is a mighty fine "classic" that just feels
"right". I've not had a desire to own any of the other OMs, not because
of anything wrong with them, but because the OM1 does everything I want
it for.

I've a 770SW which is a great knock-around (literally) camera that I'm
happy with getting soaking wet and cleaning off by chucking it a bucket
of water. :-) It's not perfect (jpeg only, some "stepping" in fine
details, not especially fast lens), but it gets the job done for "go
everywhere" in most respects for me. I'm taking it into town today,
because it stays hidden in my pocket and won't encourage the police to
exercise their temporary search powers (APEC starts today) ;-)

Have fun. :-) Such decisions are always pleasurable dilemmas.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz