[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 21:49:00 -0400
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> 2007/9/1, Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> And, I guess I was one of the very, very few that didn't buy a Oly DSLR
>> for exactly that reason, and the additional abandonment of Maitani's
>> principals
>>

> Can you say how exactly?  Perhaps a pointer would suffice.

Ingenuity, extra ruggedness, value for dollar, listening to customers,
Intuitively designed at the beginning of a system with backwards
compatibility. Ability to use all legacy lenses back 27 years+ in all
automatic modes without needing stop-down metering or any stupid
adapters. An essence of why I got into the OM cameras in the first place.

>> being where now those principles were more relatable to
>> another camera company DSLR philosophies.
>>

> Namely, and how so?

Pentax in the K10D with ideology described above. Next, a higher level
camera available in a couple of months with even more pro spec features,
more than 12MP, metal body, less expensive than D300, etc.

As they say in other fonts (and sometimes in french):

/a þeim meiþi, er mangi veit, hvers hann af rótom renn./

Or, as I was once joking with my moylistic bush trimmer:

καλὸν ἡσυχίᾶ ướiθρωπ οςsoapradio!  heeheehee, it was funny.

Larry