[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:03:32 -0500
On 8/30/07, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am - it's just fine. But people get weird with different. remember
> all the wimbling about how 'ugly' the E-330 was. As if that makes any
> difference.
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm way behind on my mail.

I think it was Winsor who just offered up the opinion that the E3 is
not attractive and I was thinking I remembered a similar remark from
him about the E-300 (rather than the E-330).

The E-3 design shows enough of the E-1 bloodlines that I feel very
sanguine (haha) about it.  Since I like the looks of the E-330, take
that and put it in your eye.  I have no culture, I freely admit it.
How I ever migrated to OM I don't know.

I am less than enthusiastic in one respect.  The button layout appears
to follow the E-1 pattern more than the E-330 pattern, of which I have
grown more and more fond over time.  My most commonly used buttons
(exposure, WB, ISO) overlay the arrow keys.  It isn't horrible going
back to the layout of the E-1, but I think I prefer the Evolt-ish
layout.  A top LCD seems really like a waste of real estate when I
think of the basic layout of the E-330.  (I know -- call the cops.)

Perhaps as the E-3 surges, I'll find a good deal on a 510.  But with
the 330 already in the stable, why?  More MP?  Phooey.  IS?  I got a
Bogen.  More phooey.

I think I'll just wait to see some pictures.  The kind that come FROM
the camera.

Joel W.