[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:35:24 -0300
2007/9/1, Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Ingenuity

4/3 check.

> extra ruggedness

Check.  The E‐510 seems better built than the OM‐10, even without
accounting for the plastic‐metal.  Only time will tell, though.

Also, I have to admit it may not pay to build something like a tank
when sensors are evoluting so fast.

> value for dollar

Check — specially when one see the quality of the lenses and how long
they reach.

> listening to customers

Care to make that more objective?

> Intuitively designed at the beginning of a system with backwards
> compatibility.

Check.

> Ability to use all legacy lenses back 27 years+ in all
> automatic modes without needing stop-down metering or any stupid
> adapters.

Check, 4/3 as an standard was designed for that.

> Pentax in the K10D with ideology described above.

Only that the transition to digital makes compatibility with 35mm a
doubtful proposition.

> Next, a higher level
> camera available in a couple of months with even more pro spec features,

How can you mention Maitani‐san in one paragraph and specs on the other?

> more than 12MP

Frankly I don't care, not at this time.  Might be nice for 35mm or
medium format, but I don't need that.  Heck, 5MP would suffice — I'd
have gotten an E‐1 for my wife were it smaller.

> metal body

This seems to me an obsession.  With the quality of plastics
(glass‐reinforced &c) nowadays, it makes little sense to use it for
portability (E‐[45]10, L‐10), only for ruggedness (Digilux 3, E‐[13]).

> less expensive than D300, etc.

Would have to check that… did not find the E­‐[45]10 expensive, even
got the E‐510 without crying.  Leicas are another thing, yet could I,
I'd have voted for DNG with a Digilux 3.

> As they say in other fonts (and sometimes in french):

French would have been easier, you lost me here…

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra