[OM] Re: Eco disaster

Subject: [OM] Re: Eco disaster
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 19:59:23 -0700
> From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 01/09/07, Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> But my favorite is CH3OH. The antidote to methanol poisoning is
>> C2H5OH.
>
> So why do they add CH3OH to C2H5OH to make it poisonous?  If you're
> right, then it contains its own antidote.

Good point. But I'm not going to let a good point get in the way of
having a brew after a hard day of making my own fuel. :-)

It's something I read somewhere. May have been a book. Too bad, saying
I read it on the Internet would have made it authoritative.

Perhaps the REAL answer is in the ratio. Guess I'll have another beer.

:::: Having the last word is the final refuge for those who never had
a good point in the first place. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::