[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:49:06 +1000
The Americans couldn't spell or pronounce Manfrotto so in the USA
they are referred to as Bogens (yeah, I know the real reason, OK, but
I prefer my version so don't bother). It made the Eyetalians nervous
because usually the Americans only mispronounce place and people that
they are bombing (Eyerack, Veet-nam) so Manfrotto thought that they'd
avoid the problem.

However, Bogan is a classic Australian term for the kind of young
person who wears a flannel shirt, tight acid-wash jeans, a mullet and
sheepskin mocassins - basically trailer trash (or poor chav). These
types aren't too stable, being either drunk or stoned most of the
time so we preferred the original Manfrotto.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx