[OM] Re: Long Macro to be 135mm f2.0?

Subject: [OM] Re: Long Macro to be 135mm f2.0?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:04:02 -0400
Well I guess you replied before I posted my correction. I am pretty sure I
got all excited over a typo, the case is also speced for the 150mm f2.0.

Anyway to answer your other question, yes I have it on the 65-116 tube. It
is a handy combo to have since at minimum extension the lens focus' to
infinity. Getting regular distance shots is easy by working only the fine
focus ring, when you need to go macro just switch over to the tube
extension.

BTW as part of that big lot of weird and wonderful stuff you gave the heads
up on there were two OM mount bellows sets. One was the official set and the
other was an unbranded type, but the unbranded one has auto aperture! There
is a slightly cumbersome metering method in that it appears you have to set
the aperture in two places so the that body knows what the lens is set to (I
have yet to try it out so it may be that you just set the max aperture for
the lens you are using). Sadly there is no instruction sheet and without a
manufacturer name I don't know where to begin. It is more compact than the
OM official bellows so doesn't have as much extension; also it doesn't have
the clearance internally for the 135mm or 80mm auto macro to mount. Still a
handy keeper for me.

Dan S (who is now on cup of coffee #2 but is still kicking himself on the
typo excitement).