[OM] Re: Eco disaster

Subject: [OM] Re: Eco disaster
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 17:32:22 +1000
Koalas aren't so bad if you leave them alone, although they will pee
on you from height if they are in the mood and do tend to object if
you camp under their favorite tree - an old male silverback kept me
awake all night once grunting and throwing sticks at the tent.
Wombats however - I regard them as my personal totem as they are
short, fat, hairy, determined and monumentally bad-tempered. They
can't stand humans or other wombats - wombat mating is like a
collision between two bulldozers in a bad mood. A wombat warren can
undermine a brick house quite spectacularly and if one of them comes
back to his summer pasture and discovers that you've built a house
across his favorite track, the house loses.  If those get into Maine,
do be careful.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx